Skincare Routine10:00:00 AM
My Skincare Routine. Is here.
My skincare routine consists of 5 steps. These are products I swear by... meaning I have been the guinea pig to these products for some time now. My skin is oily combination with some acne prone and sensitivity. Yes I would say my skin is slightly more high maintenance than I am... After I hop in the shower, I immediately start with step...
1. Cleansers. Two of my favorite cleansers are Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser, $30 and Sunday Riley -Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser, $45. If you like foaming cleansers I would recommend the Ole Henriksen. However, if you like a more gentle cleanser go for the Sunday Riley. I just started using the Sunday Riley with my Clarasonic. Might I say a match made in heaven. After my skin is clean I go in for an exfoliator.
2. Exfoliators. With my skin being some what sensitive I stay away from the harsh exfoliators. My all time favorite exfoliator is by Ole Henriksen – Walnut Complexion Scrub, $28. This makes my skin feel polished and removes any excess buildup my cleanser couldn't reach by digging deep into my pores. I have also sampled the Tatcha - Polished Classic Rice enzyme Powder, $65. I really like this one too because it is gentle enough on your skin to use it as an everyday exfoliator. Once I'm done showering I like to apply a mask. I usually pick a mask depending on the condition of my skin. Some days need more work then others...
3. Masks. My favorite peel off mask to minimize pores and clear out black heads is the Boscia – Luminizing Black Mask, $34. I like to use this the day before I go to an event or party. Your skin is nice and firm for the next day. If I want to go for a more intense mask I like to use the Peter Thomas Roth – Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask, $58. This is another mask that focuses on blackheads and hydrating the skin but is more intense. Lastly, for a healthier glow and skin cell production I have been using the Mario Badescu – Super Collagen Mask, $18.
4. Night Serums. I love night serums because you wake up the next day looking rejuvenated. I know I am far too young to be using anti-aging cremes (my mom would laugh) but I do like to prevent what hasn't begun yet... or at least experiment. I received a sample of the Estée Lauder – Revitalizing Supreme Light Global Anti-Aging Creme Oil-Free, $75. I like this more for firming my skin and moisturizing than for wrinkles. I have also been using the Ole Henriksen – Invigorating Night Treatment, $48. This serum reduces pores and gives you a bright complexion.
5. Moisturizer. There is only one lotion that I use and that is the Clinique- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, $26. I have used this product for more than 10 years believe it or not. I like the gel as opposed to the lotion because it moisturizes my skin without clogging the pores. This gel locks in and mattifies your skin without becoming too oily.
6. Extras. A few extra skincare products I like to use every so often. First is the Mario Badescu – Drying Lotion, $17. This is an acne reducing product in which you dab the pink sediment on to breakouts over night and the next day the pimple is gone! This is a lifesaver when imperfections come up unexpectedly. Next, I have been using the Mario Badescu - Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water, $7 on days when I don't wear makeup. This is a nice hydrating facial spray that gives you a natural glow. Lastly, on days when I'm out all day running errands and need a pick me up for my face I like to use the Ole Henriksen – Cleansing Cloths: Brightening, $15 to wipe away any grease or build up I have consumed through out the day. These are super handy and convenient to carry in your purse.
So there you have it. My skincare routine that works for me. Below I have a more in depth video on all the products I use in my skincare routine! xx.